Trophées du Personnel des Courses et de l’Elevage
Nominations open for the third edition on 25 June 2018
For the third consecutive year, France Galop have joined with sponsors Godolphin to celebrate those working in the racing industry through the Trophées du Personnel des Courses et de l’Elevage. The nominations for 2018’s awards open on Monday 25 June, 2018. Racing and breeding professionals are called upon to nominate their candidates.
The Godolphin Stud and Stable Staff Awards were launched Great Britain through the initiative of Godolphin in 2005 and they now take place across the globe in Ireland, Australia, the United States of America and France. The objective is the reward those who work behind the scenes in racing and breeding, the true pillars of our industry.
The French Trophées offers awards in seven categories, with the winners being revealed at a ceremony which will be held this year on the 24 November at ParisLongchamp.
To relive the 2017 Awards’ Ceremony Click Here
Seven categories of rewards for those work tirelessly behind the scenes, day in and day out, in the racing and breeding industries
- Leadership Award (Stud or Stable): An award to an individual staff member in a managerial or supervisory role in charge of at least two people in a stud or stable who has displayed leadership qualities – in particular in terms of quality people management, mentoring and support of staff.
- Dedication to Racing Award: An award to an individual employee (groom, assistant, travelling head person, administration, foreman/woman, yard manager, etc.) who has shown talent for horsemanship, consistency and reliability in a racing role. Must have at least 15 years of service in the industry and a key member of the team, sharing their passion, experience, knowledge and time.
- Rider/Groom Award: For those who have shown talent for horsemanship, consistency and reliability in and out of the saddle and/or have achieved something outstanding in the season either in an equine or personal capacity.
- Stud Staff Award: This Award is for those who have shown expertise, dedication and reliability, excellent horsemanship, adaptability and teamwork, while employed within a stud.
- Administration Award: An award to an individual who works in an administration role in the thoroughbred breeding and/or racing sector. Key element of the team, he/she ensures the smooth functioning of the company.
- Newcomer Award (Stud and Stable employees): An award to an individual who has been working in any area of the thoroughbred racing and/or breeding sector for less than five years and who has shown commitment to and ambition for a career in the industry, including a desire to improve and progress their skills and knowledge. He/she is part of the team in her/his own right.
- Employee of the year Award: Will be presented to one of the winners of the categories (except Newcomer) who is, in the opinion of the judging panel, the most deserving of recognition for their commitment, hard work and ongoing contribution to the high standards and reputation of the French thoroughbred industry.
How can I nominate a candidate?
Anyone who is a registered employee of a training or breeding establishment in France, and resident in France, is eligible for nomination. (Provided the candidate is still in their employment up to and including the awards’ ceremony). Nominations for the awards can be made by, but are not limited to, trainers, owners, breeders, stable staff, stud staff, office personnel and colleagues.
The application form can be downloaded from the Trophées du Personnel des Courses et de l’Elevage website from the 25 June, 2017. Nominations will close on 3 September, 2018
Download the Nomination Form here at www.tropheesdupersonnel.fr
Exceptional prizes for the winners.
Each category has an exceptional purse attached to it, thanks to the sponsorship of Godolphin. Winners, finalists and their respective teams will be rewarded at the prize-giving ceremony at ParisLongchamp on 24 November. Godolphin always generously offers the winner of the Newcomer Award a five-day trip to Dubai which includes a day at the races as well as visits to Zabeel Stables and training centre, and Dubai Equine Hospital.