In the interest of preserving their health, two significant new health measures will be implemented:
- From Monday, 16 November 2020, in order to ride, jockeys must complete a Covid-19 questionnaire, issued by France Galop. Before the first ride of the meeting, this questionnaire must be handed to the Secretary or the Stewards.
- From Wednesday, 18 November 2020, in addition to the Covid-19 questionnaire, jockeys (all licence holders) are required to produce an RT-PCR test or a rapid antigen nasopharyngeal swab test, which searches for the respiratory virus responsible for Covid-19, is less than 10 days old and shows a negative test result.
Jockeys (all licence holders) who have already been diagnosed positive for Covid-19 must produce a serological analysis of antibodies to Covid-19, which was carried out following a medical prescription, is less than 30 days old and shows a positive result, in order to be allowed to ride again.
Also, it is highly recommended that any person authorized to ride should download the #TousAntiCovid app, which is particularly helpful for quickly finding a testing centre.
These new health measures strengthen the existing rules for jockeys on racecourses and their usage of the changing rooms. As a reminder, the protocol for racing behind closed doors requires that:
- Face masks must be worn at all times, including in the changing room (they can be lowered for the duration of the race only),
- Allocated seats in the changing rooms must be respected on the basis of keeping a distance of 1.5 m between two people
- The use of the sauna is prohibited until further notice.