France Galop and Juddmonte Farms are pleased to announce the creation of the "Grand Free Pass" qualification system, in which twelve of the best 3-year-olds in Europe will be invited to participate on July 14 in the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris at ParisLongchamp.
Eight top races in France and England have been selected to support the free qualifying circuit.
The first three horses home in :
- the Investec Derby (Gr1), on June 1st at Epsom,
- the QIPCO Prix du Jockey Club (Gr1), on June 2nd at Chantilly,
- the Prix du Lys (Gr3, May 26 at ParisLongchamp),
- the Prix Hocquart Longines (Gr2, June 16 at Chantilly),
- the MBNA Chester Vase (Gr3, May 8 in Chester),
- the Betfred Derby Trial (Listed, May 11 at Lingfield Park),
- the Al Basti Equiworld Dubai Dante Stakes (Gr2, May 16 in York),
- the King Edward VII Stakes (Gr2, June 21 at Ascot).
The owners of the horses already entered at € 1,800 will be refunded while those whose horses are not will be able to supplement them without paying the supplementation fee which is worth €15.000 down from €43.200 in the previous years.
Finally, the winner of the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris will be invited to participate in the Qatar Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe.
President of France Galop, Edouard de Rothschild said: "The Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris is since the creation of the Longchamp racecourse a symbol of the excellence of our breeding and we hope to make it a privileged destination of the best European yards. This first incentive measure is part of a broader ambition that aims to give the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris all the support it deserves. "
Racing manager of Juddmonte Farms, partner of France Galop in the Grand Prix since 2001, Lord Grimthorpe said: "Juddmonte is excited by these new initiatives which France Galop have put in place. We very much hope that they will enhance the rating and elevate the quality of the Juddmonte Grand Prix de Paris".