The Qatar Racing and Equestrian Club further expands its partnership with France Galop by allocating from 2018 an additional budget of € 500,000 to promote several top events with, for the first time, the Prix Jean Prat (Gr1). For the first time in 2018, this 3yo mile race will be held at Deauville on the straight course. It is scheduled on July 8.
This race hence becomes the Qatar Prix Jean Prat (Gr1). Qatar Racing and Equestrian Club will be the title sponsor of the day, which also features two Listed races. Thus, the Qatar Racing and Equestrian Club will finance a large part of the allocation of the Prix Jean Prat which is maintained at € 400,000.
In addition to this support for the Prix Jean Prat, Qatar is contributing to the increase in the following races in 2018:
- Qatar Dragon Cup (Gr1-PA) up by € 40,000 to reach € 100,000;
- Prix de l’Opera Longines (Gr1) up by € 100,000 to reach € 500,000;
- Prix Marcel Boussac (Gr1) up by € 100,000 to reach € 400,000;
- Prix Jean Luc Lagardère (Gr1) up by € 50,000 to reach € 400,000;
- Prix de la Forêt (Gr1) up by € 50,000 € to reach € 350,000 €.
Prix Jean Prat 2017 // Christophe Soumillon et Thunder Snow