On 7th of March 2017, France Galop, the association that runs and controls the racing sector in France and Arioneo, a startup specialised in Internet of Things (IoT) and Big Data dedicated to the health and performance of the horse, signed an exclusive partnership. Arioneo, through its patented Equimetre technology will allow France Galop to digitise its services to trainers and owners.
Digital at the heart of the partnership
Within the agreement, four main areas have been defined:
- To implement Digital Services to trainers and owners of racehorses
- To provide trainers with the ability to measure the performance and health of their horses
- To understand and analyse the performance of horses in racing and training
- To promote innovative services for the racing sector to its various stakeholders
“ We are delighted and honoured that France Galop has chosen Arioneo to contribute to the digitalisation of its services. For us, this is the culmination of significant investment and many years of research, and testing. This provides the opportunity to place our skills to the service of the racing fraternity. This has been our greatest goal since our inception.” said Valentin Rapin, one of Arioneo’s co-founders.
“ Horse owners are an essential link in the racing sector and we must constantly improve the quality of the services we provide. Understanding the performance of their horses, and having regular information about their horses training sessions, will improve the relationships with trainers. France Galop is very pleased to have signed this partnership with the startup Arioneo which, via Equimetre, will set up a real and tangible platform for interaction between owners and trainers. ” states Olivier Delloye, Managing Director of France Galop.
Two players committed to modernising the racing industry
Equimetre, the first product in the Arioneo Performance Range will be brought to market during the summer of 2017. It will provide data for trainers to optimise the performance of the race horses in their care. To date, the solution has already been tested by several racehorse trainers in Chantilly, one of France Galop’s three training centres. Arioneo’s founders have teamed up with experienced veterinarians, professors and doctors in biomechanics to bring together the most accurate and effective algorithms, built from the ground up specifically dedicated to the horse. It therefore, provides real-time, precise analysis of the horse’s physical and physiological activity.
France Galop is at the heart of a sector that provides for more than 70,000 direct jobs. The racing sector brings together nearly 4,600 owners with more than 500 trainers and counts 74,000 horses registered to race at the start of each year. The partnership emerged from France Galop’s desire to bring the customer relationship and experience in to a fully digital world. This partnership will continue to contribute in extending the two complete and tailor-made Equimetre services:
- Trainers: they can retrieve physiological and sporting data of the horses during the training sessions (detailed overview for each horse, split times, ability to review all training sessions, overview of all race entries, latest racing results for each horse, secure interface…)
- Owners: they will be able to receive reports sent by their trainer via a simple yet intuitive application (progress updates, trainers observations and assessments, voice notes, photosand videos, overview of all race entries, latest results…)
Arioneo was founded in 2014 by Erwan Mellerio and Valentin Rapin. Its mission is to develop connected sensors for the equine world while collecting valuable data to oversee horses’ health and performance. Arioneo’s 2 product lines, Care and Performance, provide precise yet easy-to-analyse data for users. For additional information, please visit: http://www.arioneo.com/